Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas Is Coming


Christmas is coming and I WILL have a new Xmas Christmas quilt ready to be hung...in actual fact she says being a real smarty pants I will have three!!...Well one is a table runner but I'm counting it!

Warning another picture heavy post...
 
 


These are all Kate Spain fabrics bar the red and white one below which is Michael Miller.

 
Confession time......these projects were pieced last year BEFORE Xmas but only quilted this year and bound this week....I think the fabric is even older since I couldn't even locate the free pattern sheet on the Moda Website ....shame
 



 This is a table runner that I just made up, which was quite obvious when I didn't measure correctly and had to unpick two blocks...seems in my head I have a giant's table...probably from all the food I seem to have to cook to feed the people who keep appearing to eat....Teenage boys!!!



Michael Miller border again...must love it since I still have yardage??
 

Fabric in the square is Riley Blake, I think?
 
 

 
  This Xmas Tree Quilt is humongous..there is still another column of trees to the left which I couldn't fit into the camera screen....but I love love love it...pattern is by Basic Grey
 


Long story short, the trees are supposed to be 3D but after doing one I decided that although the technique was cool it was wasting too much fabric and since I knew that I was sending it out to be quilted my longarmer would have kittens trying to navigate the raised edges within the quilt for a panto...custom would have been fine but I save that for smaller less expensive quilts.
 



Jingle bells quilted all over
 
 
The one and only 3D tree
 






 
Congratulations! You made it to the end!!....Maybe next year I will have my Grinch quilt ready for Xmas 2014!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the trees! So crisp and clear. Well done on your finishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I ended up drawing a foundation for them as the initial instructions didn't fit with my new plan.

      Delete
  2. Fabulously festive. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I follow you on Flickr and love your work, thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. These are all so much fun and cheery. They must brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, they both have sleeves as I have only ever intended them to be wall hangings as a Xmas in NZ is usually around 25-27 degrees celcius...not really quilt snuggle weather!
      Thanks for visiting, please stop by again :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, oh, oh, so much quilty goodness in this post - loving everything :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, I'm really enjoying the more modern Xmas colours.

      Thanks for visiting OWB

      Delete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)