Sunday, October 2, 2016

Playing Catch Up - Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap

Hi Peeps!

This is a retro post brought to you by the Month of October in the Year 2015?!! holy balls that's a lifetime ago!

Anyway... I participated in the Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap



OMG she is a genius in the paper piecing world, you've probably seen the ridiculously crazy gorgeous Epic Halloween Quilt which is being run as a QAL by Flying Parrot Quilts.

The Midnight Bite pattern is the block which captures my eye the most....already added to the WIP list....sigh


Anywhoo I digress...this is the back of Take Wing....shes a bulky girl and carries alot a little around the middle like most of us Mummas ;)


I chose a Robert Kaufman metallic spot for the background....just to give her a little sparkle to go along with her shimmery wings. 

I am a crap  novice FMQ at best and although I love trying new and time involved patterns for these minis, I get a little frustrated at the lack of my FMQ skill.


The back features a gorgeous Kaffe print that I've hoarded forever...was keeping just for this mini lololol


Here she is in all her Sparkliness...totally a word!....I was very sad to see her go


A couple of extras my go to Heather Bailey pincushion and cute skull fobs...everyone needs a bit of skullduggery in their life!


Mini Quilts swaps are a great way to try something new and small, maximum size is usually 24" but can be less. Plus you usually have heaps of time between sign ups and mailing deadlines......don't know why then I always leave mine until the last minute??

Catch ya later Lovelies x

2 comments:

  1. Minis are great fun. Yes, sparkliness is a word, and it describes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad About Patchwork where I work sends internationally :) We have sent over to your part of the world a few times :) madaboutpatchwork.com

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)