Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Poinsettia Pattern - Testing for Alyce an Overdue Post

This is a long overdue post....sorry Alyce... 

I sucked last year at blogging but this year...you'll be sick to death of me ;)


Alyce is the super productive, mathematical genius, and all round nice person behind Blossom Heart Quilts and you should totally stalk her.....in a non creepy quilty way!

Quite often she puts the call out for pattern testers and I always put my hand up cause I know it will be something unique and fun...check this one out I tested and then I also tested Bright Sky.


The patterns are always clearly written and easy to follow Poinsettia was no exception, fabric choice is up to the tester and luckily for me Alyce embraces my non traditional choices ;)

I'd had this voile for some time so decided to use it as the background, I swapped out my first hot pink choice for a non directional print as I knew it with mess with my OCD


The Voile, Art Gallery,Tula and Michael Miller fabrics all played beautifully together and sewed like a dream....but be warned Voile is a slippery Wench and frays quite quickly if over handled.


I highly recommend starching the crap out of her to tame the bias edge or you'll be buying lots of vowels!!


Open pressed seams to keep everything flat and crisp


The  Poinsettia block lends itself to so many great fabric interpretations and the beauty of Alyce's pattern is that there are options for more than one size block, great for a secondary pattern on a smaller block size repeat.


I like to have baby quilts on hand for gifting so I added some zig zag borders and Voila she's done.


It's hard to show but it was quilted beautifully by Sandra in a cube and circle panto that echoed the building outlines of the voile...clever


Machine binding and a stash backing, win ,win.


2 comments:

  1. pretty quilt ! Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! She does do good patterns doesn't she?! Which reminds me ... I need to do a post for her too! Eek! I did it on IG but I really should blog about it too ... thanks for the kick up the ... um, reminder!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)