Saturday, May 6, 2017

Pattern Testing Finish - Making Tracks

Hi Lovelies!

I often put my hand up for pattern testing,because you all know how I struggle with instructions and quite clearly need the practice!

So when my long time online friend Angie of Gnome Angel fame put the call out I was there front and centre waving my hand like a spazzo.

If you don't know her you should! Ang hosts all sorts of QAL's which I always start.....and never complete...rolls her eyes

So here it is the behemoth Making Tracks


I've had it finished and quilted for a few weeks but since I'm of the Hobbit variety and have a very reluctant 6 foot teenage helper who's never home, I've struggled to get at least one decent photo!

I had to hang from a backyard tree to get some progress shots for instagram, god knows what the neighbours think I'm doing??


It finishes up at 80" square and I used my newly arrived Wonderland by Cotton & Steel for the Bear Paw blocks and a kona Cotton for the front background which I think is Oyster....note to self, label yardage of solid colours!!


And in the spirit of  NOT hoarding all the fabric...sigh...I tried to use as much of my fat quarter bundle as possible...do not ask me what the two kona colours are, no labels yet again!
Lets call them Navy and Hot Pink LOL


I sent it out to be longarmed by my lovely friend Sandra of Wise Owl Quilting


As always I love the choice she made


The metallics in the range are very bright so I'll be interested to see how they fair after the hot wash and dryer spa treatment


The Cup print was my favourite I think followed by the all over Alice print


I really struggled with these two colours but still thought they deserved a Paw each....a little dreary for my taste


The black/cream cheshire stripe was the perfect print for both front and back I think.


We took it to my Mum's for photographing....but she's only 4'11" so clearly she was no help LOLOLOL

Little OWB was chief fluff picker upper


So thats a quilt for Finish It Up Friday, and Myra's Finished or Not Friday...even though it's Saturday here x






2 comments:

  1. You get an A+ for passing the quilt testing! The backing is wonderful too. A reversible quilt is finished! Love the little OWB as the size reference. Those blocks are big! You could use one for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very spiffy. I think it's a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)