Friday, September 15, 2017

Geode Quilt - Bound and Delicious

I'm counting this as a Friday finish even though it's Saturday here as I finally got the binding on last night!

this is a quick picture heavy post as you're gonna have me popping up in your feed again in a few hours for National Jelly Roll Day....sorry LOL

I shared pics as I was making this on Instagram as a pattern testing project by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts


Let me introduce Geode
 ( every time I lay a quilt down BOTH the cat and the small person have to dance and/or lie on it! )


I absolutely love it! It's fat quarter and yardage/scrap friendly, with so many options for different looks depending on your fabric choices.


I went for a different colour palette for a change of mustard, black and pink. Using some of my favourite designers.


I sent it out to be long armed as I backed it with another chenille bedspread.


Not quite as thick as some of my others but a good match for the peach/pink blocks on the top.


In fact this is one of the stubblier ( is that a word ) bedspreads I have but I love the weight that they add to a quilt for increased snuggle factor.



This one is currently on my bed over the top of Fractured Heart as Spring is giving us some cooler nights and I love a heavy bedspread feel on me.


Linking up with Amanda and Myra

See you soon with Jelly Roll shenanigans xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)